Awards

Yuppieeee!!! I got another set of awards!! Thanks a lot N33a for the awards! With awards comes extra responsibility and it is so inspiring to go that extra step and work hard at the kitchen as well as on the computer!!My husband was kidding me about my new habit of keeping the camera in our kitchen and taking pictures soon after finishing my daily cooking. My fellow bloggers are also setting new standards by the day and forcing me work that much more harder! and I am loving it all! Though relatively new to the world of food blogging, I have met very talented and creative people. Keep it going people, it is wonderful to be around.

N33ma has also tagged me for 7 MEMe

7 Things I Say More Often:

1) Holy Cow!
2) Nim Aggi ( Something silly in Kannada, which cannot be translated)
3) Oophs!
4) Hi...
5) Love it
6) Feel like eating....
7) Do not smoke! (to my husband)

7 Things I Did Before:

1) Experimented in my Kitchen with disastrous results and my father managed to eat them all...
2) Traveled kilometers to grab my favorite foods...
3) Thought of eating something in the middle of night; made it; ate it and then slept
4) Wandered in my grandfather's mango orchards picking mangoes, Avarekai and Elachikai.
5)Woke up with the rooster when the morning mist hung heavily with the smoke from the wood fired stove in my grand mother's kitchen...
6) Had some of the best ever tasting food at my grandmother's and the mother's kitchen.
7) Had a live long lasting fun with my sister, and look forward to more

7 Things I Do Now:

1) I am reading V S Naipaul's India a Wounded Civilization for the second time!
2) Take the train to work
3) Come back home and cook food
4) Blog with all my soul
5) Talk to my folks, my sister, parents and in-laws.
6) Having evening snack with my honey
7) Sleep sharp at 10.30 P.M!!!

7 Things I Want to Do:

1) I want to do a Post-doc and publish a lot of papers...
2) Make my blog a better place, make recipes exact and measurements perfect!
3) Try new recipes and get to know more cultures through its food
4) Cling on to my own roots, culture and food and at the end of the day relish nothing but Rasam and hot rice.
5) Try out my friend A's Malayali recipes next week.
6) Pack my bags for our upcoming vacation!!
7) Go on a pilgrimage in India....

7 Things That Attract me About Opposite Sex:

Commenting on opposite sex.. my honey might not like it much!!!
1) Intelligence
2) Common sense
3) Financial prudence
4) Ability to handle babies
5) Cooking skills
6) Chivalry
7) No smoking, no boozing!!!

7 Favorite Foods:

1) Hot rice Tove, Rasam, Curds and Palya
2) Darshini style food
3) Masal Puri and assorted Chats
4) Panner Tikka
5) Indo-Chinese food....
6) Indian Sweets..
7) Chocolate!!!













Passing these awards and tagging the MEMe to these fellow blogger...

1) Lakshmi
2) SMN
3) Ramya
4) Vani
5) Sushma
6) Deesha
7)Ujju
8)Gayatri

9 comments:

Lakshmi said...

oho! nimma MEME odi bahala kushi aythu nodi. Congratulations on all your awards and thanks for thinking of me. Btw..I am packing my bags too and getting ready for my vacation :P you 2 enjoiii

Unknown said...

congratulations.........

Lakshmi said...

Nimage innu kelavu award ide, banni bega ;)

Savi-Ruchi said...

This is the first time I visited ur blog :), you have nice recipes...
Also, congratulations for the award & thanks a lot for considering me for the awards.

Gayathri said...

Congratulations and celebrations many awards great ree!!!!.....really nimma Eblog thumba chenagidhe, edhe first time nimma blog nodidhe thumba ista ayithu .... :)

Gayathri said...

Thanks a lot for adding me for this awards.... :)

UjjU said...

Hello Smitha,

Thumba thanks ri Awardgalige. Nimge kuda congrats :)

Recipeswap said...

Nim ajji..........wow I used to say that all the time but now I have only Telugu friends so I use it very rarely.Nice reading your meme.Congrats.

Vee said...

Thanks for passing on the awards, Smitha! Will take up the tag later, when I return to US. Take care and congrats!