Kesar Badam, Fig & Honey Ice Cream revisited

Summer is in full swing and we are loving it..I love patio dining. The other day we ate at one of these Tapas bars.. lots of good Tapas, my kind of munchies, small portions but a variety of ingredient. We loved most of the Tapas except one- the one with Goat Cheese. That was the first time I was eating Goat Cheese. OMG, it did smell like Goat. I felt like I was sitting and eating with dozens of goats around me. The next time I come across Goat Cheese, I know my answer - "No, Thank you very much!!"
After the goaty Goat Cheese adventure there was not much space left in my tummy, though my tongue kept complaining about the 'goatiness' of the whole affair. What better way to wind up the day than home made Ice Cream. (We all love home made Ice Cream so much that I cannot eat Turkey Hill anymore, H-D is still a distant runner up :). This home made Ice cream is Mom-Certified, given that Mom is such a picky eater: I am a happy lark)


This time it was Fig and Honey and Kesar Badam.
Basic recipe is here  Also, I substituted Turbinado sugar for white sugar, the flavour was only awesome but I needed to use only about 8-10 tbsp of sugar rather than 10-12 tbsp. Less the better, Hooray to Turbinado Sugar.

Fig and Honey

Stage 1:
Refer to the basic recipe, reduce the quantity of sugar to 8 tbsp. Prepare the basic recipe as given and freeze till almost set.
Stage 2 :
Remove and beat in 2-3 tbsp of Honey and pureed dried figs. (Soak half a cup of dried figs in warm water for 20-30 minutes. Drain and puree it in a food processor.) Proceed with the recipe.


 Kesar Badam

Stage 1:
Add 1/4 tsp of saffron to the basic ice cream mixture, preferable before the milk is hot. Proceed with the recipe as given.
Stage 2:
Toast and chop 1/4 Cup of Almonds into very fine pieces. It should almost be half almond meal and half fine slivers. Stir into the mixture during the second stage. Follow the recipe.

Enjoy the summer :)


9 comments:

Sravs said...

wonderful Ice cream looks YUM !!

Hari Chandana P said...

Perfect and colorful ice cream.. Truly delicious !!
Indian Cuisine

Lakshmi said...

yummmyyy.....nange eegle tinnbeku annista ide ri....slurrp...

Santosh Bangar said...

beautiful looking so attractive yummy ice cream

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, wat an incredible and irresisitble icecream..

Kannada Cuisine said...

Thanks Sravs, Hari Chandana...LG, Santosh and priya

Sudhir R said...

WOW! Looks delicious, Wish to taste it soon, makes me hungry right now

Unknown said...

Oh my if looks could kill, that ice-cream certainly has me floored! Super!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Pictures , Please do head over to www.gourmetindia.com