Apple and avocado salad

I love salads. It could be a simple Kosambari or a Italian or Mediterranean salad, I love them all if the salad has the right balance of flavours. I love mine dressed generously with citrus juice, has something crunchy and a little sweet. Most often then not, I combine fruits and vegetables in my salad, because fruits add a lot of sweetness without weighing down the Salad. I have never purchased dressing of any sort ever from a super market. I always make mine right before I am ready to eat. I  hate the gooey Cesar's salad dressing they  serve with lettuce at the fast food joints. I always wondered why people would want to eat just plain lettuce for a salad when there is a great array of fruits and vegetables to choose from. I would probably start mooing if I am fed the so called lettuce (Cesar's) salad with the gooey dressing!! However, I have loved the plain Cesar's salad served at quite a joints. A good salad can appear boring till the first bite and then it will be love at first bite.

Today was a busy morning, therefore I settled down for a simple salad for lunch. This is what I make for myself when I am having a salad for an entire meal.


Serves 1 (as an entree)
Serves 2(as a side dish)

Lettuce of choice  3 cups (washed and drained well -I use a salad sinner)
Apple  1
Avocado 1
Parmesan Cheese 2 tbsp (more or less according to taste)
Lime juice to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Coconut  1 tbsp grated
Coriander fresh a handful chopped
Olive oil or Peanut  oil (optional)

Method:

  • Place the chopped and cleaned lettuce in a salad platter. 
  • Throw in the diced apple, avocado. Top it with cheese, coconut and coriander.
  • Squeeze the lime juice right over top and adjust salt and pepper. 
  • Drizzle the oil if preferred. Serve immediately.

9 comments:

Recipeswap said...

Filling salad, I used to never like salad couple of years ago but now I seem to order more salad when eating out.
Good one...... Nice combination of fruit and veggie s.

Pari Vasisht said...

Yummy looking salad, with the heat on, nothing's more refreshing than a bowl of salad.

JOIN ME THIS MONTH IN APRIL EVENT- ‘ONLY’ SNACKS & STARTERS + COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY

FOODELICIOUS

Kannada Cuisine said...

@ Recipeswap! same here..I find myself ordering a lot more salads there days because lot of places they have added really nice salads to their menu :) not just the boring limp iceberg lettuce!!

@Pari..agree with you completely

Sravs said...

Great salad and magnificent healthy one !!

Ongoing event
CC:Spring Seasonal Food

AJ said...

Looks good!! Good flavours!!

Lakshmi said...

woow, crunch and yummy salad. Kobbari bere ide..!

Priya Suresh said...

Super healthy salad,simply loved the addition of coconut..

Vanamala Hebbar said...

changidhe salad...

Sudhir R said...

I have taken to salads these days. only dont have the quite often. Will have to wait until you come back :)