Lemon Muffins

For some reason, my November-December baking season has stretched beyond December. I have been making muffins, scones well into Jan! I am happy that I am making more egg less goodies, that way I am trying to overcome one of my biggest handicaps, not baking with out eggs! Here is one more way to make a cute muffin with out eggs or too much of butter.

Photobucket

All purpose flour 1.5 cups
Half and Half about a cup
Lemon zest 1 tsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Candied Lemon peal 1/4 cup
Butter 1 tbsp
Salt a pinch
Baking powder 1tsp

Method:
  • Pre-heat oven to 350 F
  • Shift the flour with baking powder, mix in the lemon peel, lemon zest and salt.
  • Cut butter into small chunks and rub it into the flour.
  • Pour the half and half gradually into the flour and mix gently. Mix everything just until it is all well combined. Do not over mix.
  • Spoon the mixture into mini-muffin tin.
  • Bake till the muffins are all puffed up and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
    In my oven it is about 15 minutes, depends on your oven.It is a good idea to keep a close eye though.
Enjoy with a cup of hot coffee!Sending this recipe to FIC-Yellow

4 comments:

Sunshinemom said...

So easy!! Keep baking and let the season go on - no ones objecting I am sure:) Thank you!

Archy said...

Wonderful lemon muffin eggless, surely need to try !! They look so cute !!

Savi-Ruchi said...

bookmarking it :)
will try out soon..

Kannada Cuisine said...

@ Sunshinemom!
No one is objecting for sure, but my best fitting jeans are rather complaining :)