Awards

One good news and one bad news and one not so bad news! First for the good news, I got 'YUM YUM BLOG' award from my friend Sushma. Thanks a lot Sushma, it means so much to me...It makes me look back, to the days when I was just scribbling as if there was not much to do otherwise and then there is a gradual improvement in terms of writing, my yarn has slightly tightened though I would want to tighten it more after all, prose like poetry is appreciated when it is rather concise. Then the pictures. I blamed my camera for not giving me good pictures, before realizing my own skill-deficiency and last but not the least the HTML thing! Boy! it is so difficult. I find SAS easier with all the number crunching. This HTML after all requires an intuition for designs and colour co-ordination which I lack so much. But these are all areas which needs attention and of course some love. At the end of it all, despite the long journey that it seems, I so much look forward to it. The best part of the journey is the new circle of friends that I have made over the blog-o-sphere... For a person like me who takes ages to get comfortable with people, it is a blessing in disguise that internet offers me the degree of privacy that makes me comfortable and allows me to be open enough to make new friends. Now that is for the good news

Now for the bad news. Recently I discovered that one of my recipes was copied and posted as her own by a fellow blogger. Though there were minor alterations, it was not much more than a copy-paste job. At once i felt so bad, as if being swindled by the hawkers in Majestic, Bangalore....i did try to contact the lady but there was no response. I guess that is the way their psyche works right? If they can copy something that is not their own and claim it to be their own, then there is not much to be offended by a small cribbing-complaining email. Right? I felt like a kinder garden kid complaining about another kid who stole my candy. Any way, it is just the beginning I guess, besides somebody felt my writing was good enough to be copied! that is something to cheer about, after all I can still produce more such writings, and enjoy the run because of the sheer joy of it. But the person who copied it will definitely not know the joy of running. Now I have a feeling that all her recipes are lifted from a variety of sources. I would not be surprised if blogger decides to shut down her blog because of copyright-violation-complaints. So much for the name of blogging! What is the point? I do not get it.

The not-so-bad news is that I have not been cooking much the whole of last week and therefore I have nothing much to post! Just that the cold had taken its toll and I do not feel like cooking much. I wish i had the proverbial 'Huggi-Patre'/ 'Akshya pathre' that could conjure me up food I wish to eat... Would it not be a sci-fi thriller if there were a computer program that could instruct a modern kitchen to cook and produce yummy food with the press of a button?, a modern version of Akshya-pathre! Ah! But now got to get back to the kitchen.. tummy rumbling and I have to forage the fridge...

By the way, my blog will turn one year old this week...
So far, for now..

13 comments:

FH said...

Enjoy the award, It's nice to feel good when you are not feeling well.

Nothing wrong with letting her know that she copied your recipe or photos. I find my photos somewhere else and get angry too.We work too hard on everything for others just to copy and paste!! Expose this person if she has a habit of doing this, helps us all too.

Now, go take a nap or something and have some Menasina saaru for cold. I know! Nobody cooks for us here. We don't cook, nobody eats that day!!! ;D

Kannada Cuisine said...

Thanks a lot Ashakka!
I just had some Menasina saaru, rice and Tondekai Palya! Feeling so much better after that.. As they say back 'Shiva turptanada' (Hotte Shiva!)
Thanks for your support too.. Need to do some research about the copy cat now..
:)

Gayathri said...

Congrats once again.....
Sorry to hear this and was shocked.
People won't understand how much effort we had put to look after our blog as our kid, they just cm as a viewer if they like it, they coolly copy it. Thanks to Google alert. Let us know who is that copy cat so that it will be help full for all other fellow
bloggers.....

It happens don't think abt it just relax and enjoy ur award :)

Ashwini said...

Congrats on your award.. Can I please get your email- id..

Archy said...

Congrats on ur award,Enjoy!!
Its very bad when somebody takes our effort without their own any effort!! Do explore an let us know..
Do take care of ur self, its very bad weather out thier now.. I support Asha for "Nobody cooks for us here. We don't cook, nobody eats that day!!!"... Its true,I came to know that after i came to US :)!!

Kannada Cuisine said...

@ Gayathri and Archy,

Thanks for your support,
Archy,, love your line '..came to know it after comming to US...' same here.. never thought of it even when I was in hostel! Food was so accessible back then, if we did not like at home or hostel, hotels were always there...

Unknown said...

ha akka leee,one more award?wow thats so nice.congrats..

Lakshmi said...

Congratulations! for award and sad to see that there are so many people who are doing this 'copy paste' business! But we are all with you, so not to worry.

ಪುಟ್ಟ PUTTA said...

Congrats Smitha!

Swapna said...

congrag for this awards, U deserve it. Keep rocking.

Deepthi Shankar said...

congrats on the award. its sooo sad thar ppl copy our works. why dont you let everyone know who that person is .. i wish i too had a akshaya paatre

Yasmeen said...

Hope you get well soon.Make some soup,certainly very rejuvenating.
congrats on your yummy award:)
Make us aware of the copy cat,in case he\she copies again.

Sunshinemom said...

Well - I am late so I assume you got well:). Am I thankful about my neigbours now when I read all those comments!! As for the copycat, you must reveal the name - it works instantly!!