Conquered Macaroons

Macaroons have become such a fashion statement these days. I have been waiting for a long time to achieve a certain degree of success in making them in my Kitchen. How lovely would it be to be able to make these ultimate indulgence in my own kitchen savour it at my own time and relax!! (RELAX is a word not often found in my dictionary these days with a four month old around )

But then these Macaroons are horribly moody and they have a mind of their own. I have been diligently bookmarking every Macaroon recipe Helen posts on her blog. But my previous two attempts ended up with anything but Macaroons. When it comes to food, I can probably better King Bruce! I guess I got luckier than the unhappy Scottish King or the proverbial spider and my third attempt was a fair success. We ultimately got to eat Macaroons proudly baked in my kitchen. They were not as pretty though. Got to still master the art of piping bag :(  Mom and Honey are thoroughly impressed. Thanks Helen!!
I struck to Helen's recipe for the shells altering only the flavor. Just added some Vanilla to the shells. The filling had to be Strawberry. With the spring in the air, my head is reeling with the thoughts of strawberry and cream. So combined the two for the filling. The recipe for the filling follows. What better way to serve the macaroons than cups of cafe creme.



We will need,

Whipped Cream   2 tbsp
Strawberry preserve 1 tbsp

Method:
Fold the strawberry preserve gently into the whipped cream.
Place a teaspoon of the filling on a Macaroon shell and sandwich it with another. Do not sit these filled Macaroons for long, they tend to get soggy. At least they did not in my home.
Enjoy with a cup of cafe creme!!

3 comments:

Lakshmi said...

woowie..they looks soo yumm!

Rachana said...

Macroons look great:) Delicious!!!

Ms.Chitchat said...

You have an amazing space with lovely posts. Macaroons looks simply superb. Following u to instantly enjoy ur recipes :):)

Chitchat