Short cut to Rasmalai

This year started out like any normal year. But ended like none that I have known before. It might not have been the end of the world, but indeed the end of the world as I knew it before. I am so very sick and tired of all the crime that is happening around us, right from cowardly swines violating women like never before, little girls violated in play schools, little kids slaughtered by manics, the list goes on. God! the news paper is full of horror stories. The world might have survived the Mayan calender. It should given that the 'Kali Yuga' has just started. But the ferocity of this time is something absolutely stunning. Humans beings are behaving in ways totally unexpected? Such a disgrace. Some times I sit back and think as a parent what world would I bequeath my Sunny boy? Something inside me snapped and I feel very nervous and sleepless.

A news-addict, I need my daily dose of newspaper every day. But past few weeks, newspapers have gotten me just worried and sleepless. I have decided to stop reading news papers for now. I am looking for something sweet to cheer myself up too. I usually make from-the-scratch Rasmalai . But the gloomy mood made me a little lazy. Just re-posting the short version of the recipe.

We will need,

Ragolla 1 can
Sweetened condensed milk 1 cup
Evaporated  milk 2 cups
Milk 1 cup
Saffron a generous pinch
Cardamon 1 seeds crushed
Almonds 1/4 cup (grated)

Method:
  • Drain then  Ragollas and set them aside.
  • Warm the milk and set the saffron in the milk. Sit it for at least 10 minutes.
  • Heat the condensed milk and evaporated milk along with the saffron mixture. 
  • Once the mixture heats up and is combined about 7-8 minutes, throw in the remaining ingredients.
  • Remove from heat and chill it in the refrigerator.

7 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Woow..looks so yumm. Happy New Year to you and family. Hugs to Adhrit :)

Nammaruchi.blogspt.com said...

Hosa varshada hardika shubashayagalu...hope this new brings peace n harmony to the world..
Rasagulla looks very festive dear..

Unknown said...

Hoping the New Year to bring better sense and humanity in all.

Ras malai looks yummy, I make it similarly too, perfect for get togethers.

Priya Suresh said...

Happy new year wishes to you and your family.

I simply love this short cut rasmalai,one of my fav.

Unknown said...

new to ur site.u have a good collection.love the shortcut.happy to follow u.

Home Cooked food said...

sometimes i also use this shortcut.

Vanamala Hebbar said...

love cute little pot cups ..where did you get those? and nice recipe too