Black Bean Churmuri

In the past few months i have acquired a taste for beans.. black beans to be precise. My years in a North Indian hostel left me a Rajma-hater! I cant stand the sight of Rajma (Kidney beans) now.. That's probably the only thing on earth that i would rather die than eat. Naturally my aversion of Rajma, left me skeptical about similar looking black beans. It took me one whole year just to try it. And looks like i tried it at the right place. In fact there are food carts near my office where i occasionally grab my lunch. There is a couple of carts vending Mexican food too. So I tried something called Taco salad- vegetarian of course.. Where in they give you a box layered with lettuce at the bottom, taco chips, rice, beans, tomatoes, guacamole, cheese, sour cream and hot sauce. Its yummy. I like it a lot. In fact i had the same dish for my lunch today.
So i wanted to try the dish at home. So i assembled a can of black beans, a packet of taco chips etc. We enjoyed the 'snack'. But there were some left over beans and my spouse suggested that i make a sort of churmuri using it! So this dish was born!

Black bean 1 can
Tomatoes 2 diced
Red Onion 1/2 fine diced
Lettuce 1/2 head small
Chilly powder 1 tsp
Cumin ground 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander 1 tbsp
Salt
Chat Masala optional 1 heaping pinch
Juice of 1 lime

Method:

Toss in all the ingredients except salt and lime juice. Check and adjust salt and lime juice. Sit the mixture for about 10 minutes before serving..
Enjoy!!

1 comment: