Mosaru shaale/ Spiced Yogurt

There are days when we find that the curds has turned too sour to be eaten with plain rice.. This recipe comes handy on such days. This is a pretty old recipe and my paternal grandmom has managed to keep it alive. Though the frequency of eating it has declined.
Last week it so happend in my kitchen that i forgot to keep the curds (yogurt) back in the refrigerator after my lunch. Having sat on the dining table through the afternoon, the curd was a bit too tart for my husband's palate. So i dished this simple and quick curry.


Photobucket

We will need,

Curds (yogurt) preferably sour 2 cups

Corriander a small bunch

Garlic 1 clove

Ginger 1/4 ' (this is my addition to my granny's recipe)

Pepper corns 4-6

Green Chillies 2-3

Coconut 2-4 tablespoons
Salt

Method

  1. Grind all ingredients except the curd in a blender into a smooth paste.
  2. Whisk in the curds and blend it well till well combined. 
  3. Adjust for salt. No need to boil it. Serve it cold with hot steaming rice.


No comments: