Capsicum Bajji


Today for the first time my husband cooked something for me in more than two years of wedded life. I liked it so much. I should confess it was very professional. It reminded me of V.V.Puram food street...

Here is his recipe.


Capicum 2

Chickpea flour (Besan) 1/2 cup

Rice flour 1 table spoon

Chilly powder

baking powder

Salt

oil


Method


Mix chickpea flour,rice flour, chilly powder, salt, baking powder and a tablespoon of hot oil. combine enough water to make a thick batter. Cut capcicum into long strips an inch wide. Dip the pieces into the batter and dry it in hot oil till it is golden brown and crisp.

I loved it just like that. But the street food of Karnataka requires it to be served with a small salad of finely chopped onions, tomatoes, carrots, chilly powder and a dash of chat masala!

I am throughly impressed by the husband's cullinary skills. Would love to taste more of it..

No comments: