Prawns my style


Prawns or Shrimps as they are known in the US is not very common in interior Karnataka. Of course the coastal Karnataka has plenty of it, where they are generally simmered in thick coconut and spice gravies. I like mine a little lighter and of course for me recipes should be easier. Here is a easy way to cook prawns without compromising on the taste..

Prawns/shrimp 10 large
garlic 1 big clove minced
Pepper powder
salt
Coriander (Cilantro) 1 cup chopped
oil 2 tablespoons
Garam Masala 1 pinch

Heat oil in a pan. Saute minced garlic of about 10 sec and no longer. Arrange the prawns in a single layer in the pan. Add salt, pepper, garam masala and Coriander. Increase the heat and do not stir the prawns till they turn pink. Turn them once and finish cooking on the other side or till all the liquid is evaporated. Serve on a bed of steaming rice.

2 comments:

PR said...

That looks awsome.

Patism

Amy said...

Yummmyy! Wow...I just chanced upon your blog and I must say every recipe looks mouth watering. I myself am a true foodie and love experimenting with new cuisines and foods but my fav is our own Indian food!

http://expressionsinyarn.wordpress.com